Wednesday, December 9, 2015



         Fitting exercise into a busy day can be difficult, and sometimes it has to take priority over other things going on in life.  Because I have a dog who needs exercise, it makes more sense for me to get my exercise outdoors where I can bring her with me rather than at a gym. I am always trying to find new places to walk so that I don't get bored easily. One of my favorite places to go is the Bangor city 
Forest. It's so peaceful and accessible year round. Dogs are allowed everywhere except for the bog trail, and there are many trails to explore. The main trails are plowed in the winter time, but many of the other trails are reserved for skiing and snow shoeing. 

Image result for bangor city forest

Image result for bangor city forest        Related image


Because of the many trails, I recommend bringing a map with you the first time you go. You can print a map and find other information here: http://cityforest.bangorinfo.com/ 

The Bangor Waterfront is also a great place to walk. Early in the morning or late in the evening it can be peaceful, but if you go in the middle of the day there sometimes are events going on. If you live in or near downtown Bangor, it is a very convenient location for daily walks. 

                            Image result for bangor waterfront             Image result for bangor waterfront

If you enjoy walking outdoors, these are great places to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment